Tuesday, October 8, 2013

40 weeks...D-day has cometh...and goneth.

Well, yesterday was my due date.  Looks like I'll officially be a part of the average first time moms that go "late"...yay!  I read something that said first time mom's not looking to be induced go into labor at 41w/1day on average.  So, maybe that will be my fate! WHO KNOWS!!! Certainly not me!






Feeling: I feel a little anxious.  Anxious to meet her and anxious to know if I'll go into labor naturally before 42 weeks.  I am SO good at dealing with the unknown. Mwah ah ah.

I feel like time flies naturally, so I'm not completely impatient.  I know she'll get here...at some point.  I am not wanting an induction as of yet because I think it's pretty normal to go past 40 weeks.

Symptoms:

  -Acne is finally on the mend! Only took 30 weeks.
- Itchy belly.
- Period cramps.
- BH contractions.  I had at least 8-10 that were SUPER painful.
- Pressure.
- STILL 1cm dilated/50% effaced. Booooring.


Weight: As of 40 weeks/1 day, I am up 2 pounds for a grand total of 30 pounds.  Probably overdid it on the cake and ice cream this week.

 
What I Miss: Can't think of anything other than sleeping better.  I switch sides every hour at least and every time it kills my lower back.  I think the belly is officially too huge.

 
Doctor Appointment: Today. (40w/1d)...1cm dilated/50%effaced.  I have an appt for this coming Thursday to check my fluid levels.  Hopefully all will be well!


Looking Forward To: 
meeting the baby and seeing what name we pick...STILL have no clue on that.

xoxo
L 

No comments:

Post a Comment