Tuesday, October 15, 2013

41 Weeks...

I cannot tell you how badly I want to be done with taking these weekly belly pictures.  AAAAH.  I should have just gotten induced to be done with them!





Feeling:  Meh. So-so. Indifferent. Strange.  Like I'm never going to have a baby.  I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I really do feel like it's never going to happen some how.  I know that is impossible...but still.

Everyone was SO anxious/excited about my impending labor.  My phone was always ringing/buzzing with "Baby?!?!" texts and calls for days leading up to my due date and even after.  Then, when it kept not happening, it was kinda like...okay, this is boring.  What is going on?!!??!?!  Why is my daughter boycotting the real world?!?!?!  

Symptoms:
 -Acne.
-Hair seems to be falling out more.
-BAD hip/sciatica pain during the night. I've gone to the chiro a bunch for it, but I think I need to lose like 10 pounds of baby asap to get any real relief.
-leg cramps.
-Itchy belly.
-Period cramps in my back. Especially after sitting in a hard chair.
-Contractions in my back.
-STILL 1cm dilated/50% effaced. AAAAH.


Weight: Same as before. I'm sure I'll be 31 by the end of the week.

 
What I Miss: Painless sleep. I barely sleep now, so if it were at least pain-free, that would be nice.  Oh, and some pumpkin spice caffeine drinks.

 
Doctor Appointment: Today. (41w/1d)...I'm still 1cm dilated/50%effaced. Fluid levels went from a 7.5 last Thursday to a 6.8 (or around there) today.


Also, I had my membranes sweeped.

The doctor took the liberty of putting me on the induction schedule for this Friday morning and since I trust her completely, I understood that it is time.  The baby is in position, but she simply isn't budging.  

I asked to have it switched to Thursday night because I'd like to be well rested and I know that I will not sleep a wink Thursday night if I know it's coming in the AM.  This way, I can have restless sleep Wednesday night and then nap all day Thursday before going in.  

SO bummed that I didn't go into spontaneous labor, but honestly, this baby needs to exit my body now. Being 10/11 days past my due date is enough.  And since I know the day that we put the embryos inside (bc of IVF), it isn't like my dating is messed up.  Oh well, we tried!  It's time to meet her now! 

Looking Forward To: 
Meeting my little belly lover.

xoxo
L 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,I'm SOOOO GLAD that I found your AWESOME blog and got to see your BEAUTIFUL maternity pics!!! I can only imagine just how AMAZING your pregnant belly was at 41 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete