Tuesday, September 11, 2012

MY IVF CALENDAR, holler.


Have I ever mentioned how much I love making lists?  Lists make everything more fun, so here's my IVF callie with the dates of everything as I go along:

Blood test/ultrasound - prescribed birth control and thyroid med to help egg quality.
10 days of BC

9/2/12 - AF arrives

9/4/12 - Cycle Day 3 blood tests and ultrasound to check ovaries, lining, etc.

Day 3 - Begin injections of Menopur & Follistim at night/Husband begins Doxycycline.

9/7/12- Day 6 - followup appointment to check on progress.


9/9/12- Day 8 - 30 small eggs less than ten
Day 9 - belly starts to feel tender

9/11/12 - Day 10 - 3 follicles (my nurse said that my ovaries have "woken up." Crazy sleeping ovaries), around 25 less than 10.  Doctor says no retrieval this weekend (it's only Tuesday) and I guess you can say I'm a bit bummed about that.  Oh well. Time will fly. It always does! 

9/13/12- Day 12 - 22 follicles!!! Take a ganirlex shot asap and continue with meds.  Apparently I'll be triggering soon. Yay. 

9/14/12 - Day 13 - Trigger with 2 Ovidrel shots back to back.

9/16/12 - Day 15 - Egg retrieval = 19 eggs.

9/17/12 - 7 eggs fertilized

9/21/12 - Cycle CANCELED. 2 Morulas and 1 almost blastocyst. Not enough for a transfer.

Updated to add: The almost blast did become a dynamite 6BB blastocyst...just a day too late. Had to be frozen since my clinic will only transfer blasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment