Sunday, September 16, 2012

Egg Retrieval Sunday Funday!

Who wears this shirt on their way to an IVF egg retrieval appointment?



The hubs, that's who!

So, the retrieval went well.  19 eggs retrieved. 

Here's how it all went down:

Sign papers.
Dress in beautiful hospital gown complete with hairnet, booties, and robe.
Thumb war with the hubs. I win.
Prep for IV.
Stab left arm to no avail.
Switch to right arm. IV success.
Talk to doctor. 
Walk with Anesthesiologist (aka- my BFF) to Operating Room. 
Lay on weird table with oxygen.
Say my name and last four digits of social security number.
Pass out.

-20 minutes later

Wake up with heating pad on stomach.
Say a few weird things that make little sense.
Eat cookie and drink apple juice.
Go to the rest room.  
Get dressed.
Leave.
Drive straight to Panera for broccoli/cheddar soup.

DONE.

The biggest blessing of the day was the anesthesia.  I mean, putting me on a bed similar to a massage table...only with my butt placed in the hole a face should go in was weird.  And from there, it only got weirder.  The lack of privacy was enough to pass out on my own without the gas or IV or whatever they gave me, but thankfully it didn't come to that.  I have always been a super-prude, so the position in which I was told to lay was NOT ideal but, it is what it is.  I do my part, they do theirs.  

Positive thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment