Thursday, December 13, 2012

IVF #2 - Cancelled AGAIN.

2 almost blasts, 3 morulas, 8 "disorganized" morulas, and 7 arrested embryos = my previously exciting 20 fertilized embryos.

So many thoughts are whizzing through my mind.  I am happy that all 20 mature eggs fertilized. That in itself takes care of the MFI issue from the previous cycle.  

I don't understand however, why so many of our embryos' became "disorganized."  To me, this sounds like a reason why we shouldn't even try naturally.  Are we incompatible?  Do we have a 50% chance of that happening since it happened to almost half of our stock?  Why so wacky, sperm/egg-combo?

Why have I never had a perfectly ready 5 day blastocyst ready to transfer?  Why are they growing slowly?  I've done an antagonist cycle and a long lupron cycle. One yielded 1 almost blast out of 7 fertilized embryos and the other, 2 out of 20. Why is it so hard to get to blast? Why so slow?

Why doesn't my clinic do a day 6 transfer and or why wouldn't they transfer 2 of the morulas?  If they are going to cancel it anyway, can't we at least throw something in there while my lining is "perfect"?  Can't we do SOMETHING?  What if they like my uterus better than your stinky lab?  Come on!

It doesn't help that they have SUCH strict criteria (no fresh day 3 transfers, morula transfers, almost blastocyst transfers) paired with an insanely packed schedule.  I can't schedule an FET until February now.  

Merry Christmas. This sucks.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment