Monday, December 17, 2012

Constant state of wonder.

My mind...

it's wandering.

I add up days, weeks, months, years. I trail off, thinking about my past, my present, my future. I measure my life.  I feel good about it.  Then, measure again.

I wonder if anyone else wonders like I do.  Aimlessly. I wonder if I would survive in a world without modern medicine...it doesn't seem like it. Well, even if I could, I wouldn't be able to expand my brood easily.  But then again, without medicine who would survive? I wonder if not being super fertile makes me feel less than?  Is this my fault?  I wonder if humans have been existing for so long that our genes are all junk and I'm part of the solution to extinct us all?  Or am I part of the example...to show how intellectually smart we are? We can achieve anything we want...through a lab. We don't need anything but brains.

I wonder constantly if my embryos will thaw, if they'll produce a positive pregnancy test, if I'll do 2 FET's, only to then do another 3 rounds of IVF.  Will I have to do this again? How many times? How many shots? How many nights wondering, hoping, praying for the SAME thing?  When will I get to hope for something different? 

When will this change?

I wonder.  And I do it constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment