Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hysteroscopy

To achieve a Piper, one must:

-have a uterine septum removed
-undergo 2 egg retrievals (as well as the 2 rounds of IVF that go along with it)
-have a frozen embryo transfer
-couch-rest for 4 weeks
-labor and delivery (duh)
-an immediate D&C following labor to remove rogue placenta bits from uterus
-AND at 14 weeks post partum a HYSTEROSCOPY because lo and behold the bleeding has still not withered away into nothing and an ultrasound found some "ecogenic" material lying around my a-hole uterus.  

I can't believe that I still have procedures/surgeries to get through!  I kinda figured that once Piper got here, all would be well in the world and it is so not the case. There is no point in being too upset about it, but it definitely sucks. I just want to heal and have a year without any strangers up in my business. Oy.


And now...for a picture of the penguin that makes it all worth it...


No comments:

Post a Comment