Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Books I've Read during TWW...

Okay, so as I mentioned, I've been trying a new thing where I read books instead of thinking too much about this God-awful two week wait.  So far, so good.  Here are the books I've consumed thus far:

Best Friends Forever - Jennifer Weiner

*I'm not the biggest Jennifer Weiner fan, but picked this up at my local bookstore when I only had a few minutes before dinner and couldn't find anything else to tickle my fancy.  Turns out, I really enjoyed her writing this time around. BFF has a great storyline, with great characters.  I personally think that the one best friend's hilarious moments (bank robbery scene) make up for other oddities, such as the cop's creepy obsession with children television shows and the over-the-top religious chick.  Worth your time!

Where we Belong - Emily Giffin

*I've been obsessed with Emily Giffin since she wrote "Something Borrowed" and "Something Blue."  I mean, those books were epic.  So epic, in fact, that I've been waiting like crazy for another one of her books to make me feel the same way.  Hasn't happened yet.  So far, every one of her books has the same interesting-enough storyline, relate-able characters and way too abrupt ending.  Even so, you almost always know that things will turn out well for her characters.  She's a feel good writer...and subsequently, I usually feel good after reading her writing.  
 
Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver (second book in Delirium series)

*I've only just begun this one, but it is GOOD.  Really really good. Yes, it's a young adult read, but my Mom used to work in a bookstore and got me to read an advanced copy of Oliver's, "Before I Fall" and I was hooked.  If you can only read one of her books, read that one.  I guarantee you'll end up like me in the Young Adult section of your bookstore, anxious for the next one.

TWW:

Only a few more days left in this wait (I'm 9 dpiui) and even though my brain has conjured up some serious "symptoms" this month, I'm not confident AT ALL.  How can anybody be?  One symptom that most girls admit to feeling is a "tugging" or "pulling" in their side and I haven't, so that is what I'm going with.  This whole thing is so crazy.  All I can do is KNOW that it will indeed happen.  Some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment