Thursday, August 23, 2012

Normal thyroid, but not normal enough.

One day, I will enter casa de infertility and they will tell me some good news.  Or that I'm not even a girl at all.  That would actually really explain some things.

So not only do I need a RENAL ultrasound (sound funny to anyone else?) or MRI to make sure that I have two kidney's, but I also have to start taking thyroid medication.  Something called, levithoeieroiuweroiweur...or something like that.  In the words of my nurse, my thyroid level is fine, but it's just a little bit not perfect and they want me in that 'perfect' place in the event that a baby should set up residence in my belly. It helps against miscarriage as well.

Oh, and the renal ultrasound thing is just because of my septum.  People with septums could have other abnormalities, so yeah.  Good news all around!

I cannot stress enough that my entire life, I wanted to be different.  I LOVE when I feel different or weird.  But this is getting crazy, people.  I would like just a teaspoon of normalcy from now on.  Is that too much to ask?

Onto my BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER (this month):

Drinking with my new meds.  Don't do it.  As someone who hasn't even taken an advil or tylenol for years (other than before my HSG), I am not used to being on medication.  So, as I mentioned before, I planned on having a party night with Auntie Flow's arrival.  I figured I could given the calendar of upcoming events.  Boy...oh boy...was I wrong.  

Wine and thyroid medication do not mix.  At least for me.  Normally, my tolerance is that of an Irish Lordsman or King (or the girl versions).  I can drink with the best of them.  Well, not anymore.  Especially since they want me on this stuff forever and a day.  No more wine for this wanna-be momma!

And don't quote me on the thyroid med being my poison.  Maybe I also ate a bad piece of pasta. Who knows.  All I know is that I ate what I normally eat, took evil medicine, drank chardonnay nay, and vomited all day day.

Sorry if this post was all over the place.  Sometimes I'm just crazy like that.
xxxx
L

No comments:

Post a Comment