Thursday, November 28, 2013

Week 5

Week 5 so far means a few things:

Piper smiles (THANK GOD.  Her smile could literally make me do anything. I'm in LOVE with it).

Piper also starts to battle her food source (me).  She pulls off, gets fussy and becomes inconsolable at certain feedings.  Today (5 weeks/5 days) is the fifth day of this happening, so it's been all week long.  She still roots around like she wants to eat, but then gets super upset and freaks out.  It is not awesome and really hard to understand.  Is she getting enough milk, too much milk or does she need to burp, etc?  No clue because nothing is consistent.

Oh, and my boobs still hurt.  AAAAHHH. Can't wait for that to end.  Some nights the pain is deep which scares me a little, but I think I'll ride it out this week and see where I end up.  I only just gave up the nipple shield a week or so ago, so who knows.

Tomorrow she will be 6 weeks old and even though we have a pretty high maintenance baby, I'm so happy and in love with her little smush face.  She's the best:)

xoxo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment