Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 1!

Yay, it's officially Day 1!  

I feel weird being so excited about moving forward with this cycle of IVF, but I totally am. Even though every month has been a dissapointment thus far, I can't help but feel good about moving forward THIS time.  Everything about this whole process just DRAGS sometimes.  Waiting for this, waiting for that. Getting your period, starting birth control, starting Lupron, then getting your period AGAIN...before you even get to Day 1.  It's a lot for one girl to handle.  And now, I at least know my tentative dates for the whole cycle, which is a relief.  I go in on Monday morning (before catching a 7:30am train to work, blegh) for Day 3 b/w & u/s and then, hopefully begin with all of my million injections. 

Also, I've been on Lupron for 7 days now (tonight will be my 8th) and I have to say that it isn't as bad as I thought it would be initally.  It's not great.  It definitely causes headaches, which my RE forewarned me about, (and MAJOR hunger pangs) but all of the loopy, tired weird side effects have been pretty manageable. AKA: I haven't been comitted.

xoxo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment