Friday, November 16, 2012

Our Christmas Card: Round 4

It has just occurred to me that I will be sending an eerily similar Christmas card this year to the one we sent last year. And the year before. Oh, and the year before that.  Here we go again, people! Just me, my husband and our dog!

That's not depressing.

Honestly, I don't really want to complain because if anything happens to our mangy mutt (or my mangy husband), I will straight up go ape-shit on someone's ass, but still.  I feel the symbolism.  There will be no baby. No family expansion represented.  And once again, that would be really really fine if we didn't want it. 

So badly.

I really love the holidays, I do.  I hope that I always will, even at times like this when hopelessness wins over positivity and sadness for lack of knowing lingers. I can't control a lot of things, but I can control some things.  The holidays will arrive whether I'm ready for them or not and I can choose to enjoy them differently than I ever have before.  I can focus my time doing things that MATTER.  Hurricane Sandy killed the holidays for a lot of people all around me, so I think I'll focus on that and volunteer.  Turkey, anyone? 

xoxo
L

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya, girl! My mom asked me what I want for Christmas this year and I told her all I want is a baby, and it is looking like the only way to get our baby is through IVF, so we need money. That's all I want. Nothing else materialistic seems to matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more:) Hopefully, you won't have to do the IVF thing, but if you do and need advice, or to vent, I'm here!...hoping that 2nd time's a charm. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete