Friday, November 2, 2012

A Cyst. Seriously?!

So, as I previously wrote, the hubs and I decided to run for the hills after our botched IVF attempt.  We left our cozy home, fled to NYC and enjoyed a month of easy peasy commuting, friends, comedy clubs, happy hours and good food.  It was a unique time in our lives.  Something I don't see us doing for quite this long ever again.  It was our month off. Our month of "happy."

And it was...but as you know, wanting a child isn't something that can just go away for a month.  The thought is always there. Waiting in the wings. Waiting for attention.

So, here is a a little background about my cycles. They're near exact everytime.  Day 17 to day 19 = ovulate.  Luteal phase - 10 to 11 days long.  Every time. 

This month we (I) decided to try the SMEP method (google it, it's easy).  At this stage in the game, there was no way I'd just throw a month in the garbage and I figured doing more than the every-other-day thing would be better for us considering the morphology problem we've faced in the past.  Why not?!  I used ovulation predictors and we were on our way. 

My ovulation was a bit on the late side, at cycle day 19, but we were prepared.  Onward, we went.  Finally we had successfully completed and graduated with our SMEP certificate of achievment.  All that was left to do was wait for 11 days.  Of course they slowly but surely crept up and through squinted eyes and clenched fists, I realized that nothing was happening. No cramping, no soreness in my chest, no backaches.  No period.  I could not believe it.  Then, I started to feel fatigued. I tasted metal under my tongue.  Aches in my back.  And twinges began to nip at the inside of my stomach.  Could it be?

I secretly tested at 1 day past my missed period and quickly received the ever-present single line.  Another BFN. I could handle it.  I always do.  Except that this time...I really felt off...and it wasn't my imagination.  I tested every day for 5 days, until I finally called the nurse at my Infertility palace. My luteal phase is never off. She knew this was weird. We set up an appt for today.  Blood test and ultrasound.  The usual.

Well, guess what?  I was right.  I am "off" and I am late.  It was not my imagination. But this equation does not always equal a baby apparently.  I should have known...

Take one guess as to who has yet another roadblock standing between herself and a second cycle of IVF. 

I'll give you a hint: she has a blog.

Turns out that I have generated multiple luteal cysts.  MULTIPLE. From one single cycle of IVF.  I hate to complain. Especially at a time where my parents are worried about losing their home to Hurricane Sandy, all four of us are living under 1 roof with no power and countless people lost so much more.  But I can't help but feel sad.  Again. 

Like all things...this too shall pass.
L

 

No comments:

Post a Comment