Monday, July 15, 2013

28 Weeks - 4D U/S

Oh boy.  I am 28 weeks today and this morning was my LAST ultrasound at the hospital.  Walking through the double doors, I actually felt all buzzy and excited like I was there to have the baby or something.  Alas...no...but I was about to see her!

First of all, I am totally not into getting 3D/4D ultrasounds.  I think they're cool, but I just never thought to have one because even a born baby looks crazy to me half the time.  Secondly, they did it anyway (not against my wishes or anything...they just kinda did it).  Thirdly, IT WAS THE BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE!!!!! 

And I have officially cried.  The unemotional, guarded mom-me went out the window and I literally just flooded with tears at the sight of our little girls' face.  It was surreal.




Here is our little peanut:



 28 Weeks at my Bbq:





Feeling: Very excited about her arrival for the first time.  I've always wanted to meet her, but now I'm just...so...excited.  What's she going to be like?! Who's she going to look like?!  What color will her eyes be?! When will she learn to roll them at me?!  

I can't wait.

Also, I had a little gathering (a Baby-Q, if you will) at my house this weekend in lieu of the traditional baby shower and I am definitely feeling the love.  So many amazing gifts (a gift certificate for our first fam photo shoot! mini cowgirl boots from Nashville! le bebe's first bikini and onesie from halfway around the world! her first little chair/rocker thing!)  It was SUCH a great day. Just close family, best friends, and food. So much food.  I swear that I was thrice the size of myself by the end of the day.

Symptoms:
-Acne is still terrible everywhere except my face. Awesome.
-Belly is big, hard, full of baby and uncomfortable.

-Belly button is still an innie...but looking like it will change.
-Weird cramping...had my cervical length checked though and should be good.  I don't mind cramping, but I def don't want any surprises. 
-Sleep hasn't been great this week again.  Hopefully, it's just a blip.
 
Weight: up THREE!  Total of 17lbs.

What I Miss: Oh I don't know...Maybe a strawberry mimosa on a rooftop. Or a white sangria on the beach:)


Doctor Appointment: Every 2 weeks now! 29 weeks/4 day checkup.

Looking Forward To:  My friends bridal shower next weekend and going down the shore the following Saturday. Yay Summer!

 
xoxo
L 



No comments:

Post a Comment