Monday, May 6, 2013

18 Weeks!

Holy shamoly. I'm 18 weeks!  And because my husband has begged me to lose the loose shirt for this week...here I am with my sidekick, SUPERBELLY!!!





Feeling:  Pretty good.  Loving that I'm this far along. 

Jeff and I stayed in NYC last Thursday night (17w 3days) and I woke up on Friday with some pretty bad cramping.  I was scared at first because it felt really low and menstrual-like and I've been so stressed at work and also physically running around  (no joke...I work between 2 places that are 2 blocks apart and I actually run back and forth...bad idea) so I freaked out immediately and had a pep talk with my baby.  I told it not to do anything irrational.  TELL ME first. Give me a chance to mend my dumb ways before doing anything that we would both regret:)  

I made sure to lie down and get ready for work really slowly.  Jeff and I then  walked to a diner (at a snails pace) and enjoyed a massive plate of pancakes and scrambled eggs until it subsided quite a bit.  At work, it persisted for only a little while before completely going away which made me feel better.  And I stopped with the running.  It's not worth it.  

However, this episode did make me worry...because that's what I do.  And Jeff and I used our new nifty little doppler (Sonoline B) on Saturday to hear the heartbeat.  It was faint and kinda hard to find, but it was there. THANK GOD.

I feel like this pregnancy is flying.  Maybe it's because I've waited so long and this is nothing compared to endless trying, testing, an IUI, 2 cycles of IVF and an FET but it feels FAST. I can't believe that we're going to find out the gender soon and then after that we have SO much fun nursery stuff we can do, as well as, oh I don't know...Summer, which in general is great and completely not boring.

Symptoms: 
-Back Aches!!! They are short lived but frequent.
-Acne.  It's getting better. Not great...but better.
-Big belleh.  My stomach seems to have groooown this week.  And I'm not mad.
-Sleep is still 'eh'.  Bought a HUGE body pillow doughnut thing that I climb and twist myself into now, though and I think it's making for a great improvement. Buy it here...Massive body pillow:)
-Heartburn. Nothing cray but it's there.

Weight: the scale says 6 pounds total this morning but i'm starving so after breakfast, my guess would be 7.

What I Miss: Nice skin!!!

Doctor Appointment: 18 weeks/1 day. Then 19w/3days for the scary anatomy scan. Eek!

Looking Forward To:  18 week appt and then the anatomy scan!


xoxo
L

2 comments: