Saturday, May 4, 2013

Beauty Products and Pregnancy

I am in LOVE with beauty products. 

On a normal non-pregnant day, I use:

shampoo
conditioner
acne/anti-age facewash
makeup removing face wipes
anti-age face lotion with spf
anti-age body lotion
another makeup face wipe after work
under eye cream at night
night time face lotion
and vaseline on my lips overnight

oh and deodorant every so often...because I USED to not sweat that much.




Too much? Probably.  And not in quantity...in the way of chemicals.  Nearly every package had a paraben or 3 and a sulfate or 10. 

That's why I gradually changed nearly everything (especially the anti-aging stuff) in my regime throughout my pregnancy so far.

However, being a sulfate/paraben/aluminum-free chickee is NOT easy by any means.  Especially when my skin is worse than ever and I'm sweating more than I have in the last 3 years combined.  

Here's what I've switched to so far:

Burt's Bees Shampoo and Conditioner
Belli acne facewash for preggos
Burt's Bees makeup wipes (from Whole Foods)
Neutrogena Naturals Face lotion
Burt's Bees Milk and Honey body lotion
Vaseline on my face at night
Mama Mio Belly Rub for stretchmarks (I can almost guarantee that this does nothing for stretchmarks...but it smells nice and is awesomely moisturizing)
Burt's Bees hand soap (not sure it kills any germs, but NO SULFATES! YAY)

And aluminum Free deodorant (it smells good...doesn't work at all though)



 I have a couple extra Burt's Bees products that I don't use that often, too.  The mask and Ageless face lotion.  The lotion is too watery for my liking and the mask is good once every couple weeks.

xoxo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment