Tuesday, April 9, 2013

14 Weeks.

The baby's a lemon!!! 3 and a half inches! 1 and a half ounces!  And it can pee!








Feeling: Pretty great. Maybe even a little too great. This past week, Jeff and I went to Arizona for an archery tournament where I sat on a rock solid bleacher for hours on end, hiked a massive mountain under the deathly Arizona sun and flew in a magic metal death machine (aka - the airplane). And even with all that anxiety/activity, the baby is still thriving! Since I was literally crying with my stomach in knots as our plane took off yesterday, I was really scared for my appointment today.  I haven't felt much of anything for DAYS...which feels like YEARS.  But alas, little baby was there. Laying around with its' adorable beating heart:)

Sometimes I feel these ultrasound visits are like visiting an old friend I miss dearly who doesn't own a phone. Or a family member who is in jail for a crime they didn't commit. It's just always so exciting to know they're in there, doing okay...even with our lack of communication.  And it makes me feel SOOOO much better. I love our baby!

Symptoms: 
Pants are TIGHT.
Skin is BAD. Everywhere.  
Infrequent back and stomach cramping.  Nothing too major.
Having a hard time sleeping.

Weight: Not sure what happened, but the scale says I'm up 7/8 pounds total. Could be the vacation, but my belly has been protruding quite a bit in the past few days.

EDITED TO ADD: after posting this and all throughout today the scale has consistently said I'm up 5 pounds. That may or may not be more accurate. We'll see as things go along this week.

Also, I bought my first maternity pants before leaving for Arizona!  They are from the GAP and really not so bad:)

What I Miss: This week, I really missed a turkey cold cut sub sandwich with cheese. And an icy margarita when it was insanely hot and everyone else looked so darn relaxed with theirs.

Looking Forward To:  Feeling the baby kick! 

Doctor Appointment: 18 weeks!  I was going to have another appt earlier, but decided to go the full 4 weeks since I will have a little ultrasound at 18 and a BIG ultrasound a week and a half later at the hospital (anatomy/gender scan!).  I need to limit the radiation (or whatever it is that ppl say is bad) for this little babe:)

xoxo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment